My bit.ly click-throughs keep rising!
Here’s a recap of this week’s real-time shares on Twitter, along with annotations about what sparked my interest, preview and initial click-through.
Feel free to bookmark this post or individual articles. To enjoy a real-time feed, follow me on Twitter.
Direct Sales Slide at Nieman Marcus (Multichannel Merchant, 12.10.09)
- Luxury retailer Nieman Marcus prepared for reduced sales with reduction in inventory vs. prices. These bottom-line, back-room choices show great forethought in protecting the brand’s integrity and its sweet spot in the hearts of customers. Buying less and paying less are entirely different matters. Tags: marketing, retail, luxury
Location Matters: How Ad Environments Affect Performance (Dean Donaldson, Advertising Age Digital Next, 12.10.09)
- Banner ads, the author argues, have become a game of ad size at the expense of strategic placement. Strategic placement, in turn, links implicity to creative content and strategy. Tags: advertising, media, placement, online ads
About Google Wave (Google I/O 2009)
- Early testers of Google Wave may be surprised that colleagues you invite — including some designers and traditional marketers — may be dimly to unaware of Google Wave. This 1-hour video offers developers a preview of Google Wave and the opportunities it provides to take e-mail, community, and collaboration to the next level. Tags: Google Wave, social networking, community
Word of the Day: Traumatophobia (Thinkmap Visual Thesaurus, 12.10.09)
- Traumatophobia is not a word that will boost your search page rankings. Still, it’s good for writers and all creatives to kick back and have fun with language. As I teased on Twitter, it’s “A word you can’t afford in a recession.” Tags: creativity, words, writing, word-of-the-day (WOTD)
Word of the Day: Evanescent (Thinkmap Visual Thesaurus, 12.05.09)
- Another word for poets and literary reviews. Last Saturday, I challenged tweeples to use Evanescent in an tweet. Lots of click-throughs but no takers. How ’bout you? Tags: creativity, words, writing, word-of-the-day (WOTD)
Why Rich Consumers Matter More (Yahoo! News, from Rick Newman, U.S. News & World Report, 12.04.09)
- Yahoo! News reports that the rich are inching back to pre-recession spending patterns. In running the numbers, the article reports that the rest of us should take comfort in this news as it’s an early indicator of recovery. Tags: retail, marketing, luxury, recession
Monkeys Recognize Their Pals in Photos (Yahoo! News, from HealthDay, 12.04.09)
- Fascinating article on any account. Still for me as a creative person, it provided some humor and relief to the discussions over ad impressions, recall, and retention. So many argue that focus groups are dead, I twittered “Mmm…marketing application”? Tags: marketing, research, recall
One article, in particular, rattles my creative mettle — “Location Matters: How Ad Environment Affects Performance.” Let me work out my thoughts this weekend and post Monday. Best all.
[picapp align=”center” wrap=”false” link=”term=horses+bits&iid=3286501″ src=”8/f/7/2/Horse_Trouble_7e7b.jpg?adImageId=8232215&imageId=3286501″ width=”234″ height=”162″ /]
P.S. Please send your comments about any of these articles or post links to related subjects.